Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The First Signs Of Spring ...

What a change from just a week ago! The weather has been great, sunny and much warmer. The days are longer and the first signs of spring are definately around. First off, there are so many more birds around. After the long winter of total quiet in the back conservation area all of a sudden everything has come to life. Many different birds have come back and it's a busy place back there again. Birds chirping from sunrise to sundown and geese and ducks and everything I LOVE about living here~! lol

We even had a chance to go outside and do some cleaning up in the yard and gardens and some plants are actually starting to grow. What a great time of year. And yesterday being St. Patricks day we went out for a couple of green beers and actually got to sit on an outdoor patio! That's a sure sign of spring ... lol.

But the sign of spring that convinces me the most is this one ...



The cat cage is back outside!!! lol Yep, it's been a long cold winter and the cats are very happy to be back out in the fresh air and sun. And it didn't take long for Nemo to remember his trick from last year of hiding under the carpet in hopes that the birds won't see him and land on the cage ... LOL!.



So Spring is in the air ...
and this is what I put into LLL Creations Dollar Mart today ...

Spring Frames

You get 4 hanging spring frames for only $1.50 ... get them here.



These frames are so versatile and look great in a layout.

And Spring Is In The Air Papers ... only $1.00 ... get them here.



The layout below shows the size of the frames and shows one of the papers on a 12x12 inch layout.



You only have until tomorrow night to get in on my Anniversary Special ...
Get it while you can here ~
EXPIRED



And 2 weeks left to enter my March Contest~



And on top of all that there is my March Promotion!

~~ -:¦:-.•:*♥*:•.-:¦:-.•:*♥*:•.-:¦:-.•:*♥*:•.-:¦:-.•:*♥*:•.-:¦:- ~~

OK, enough excitement ...lol.
Here is todays freebie as shown in the layout above ...

Download Signs of Spring Word Art Freebie
SORRY LINK HAS EXPIRED



PLEASE READ - FRUSTRATION IS SETTING IN ~ AGAIN! lol

You know, I know that when you are searching around grabbing all the freebies you don't want to 'waste time' saying thanks or leaving a comment. Every week it's the same thing ... hundreds of downloads and 4 or 5 comments (and usually the same people) but ... please take a minute and tell me you were here. Over the past few years hundreds of designers that used to give away freebies have shut down their blogs and I can guarantee you that the majority did it because of that frustration. And many of them just got so frusterated they just said 'Screw it' and deleted their blogs without any warning. Its a feeling of being used and not appreciated at all and to be honest it sometimes feels like a total waste of time. I know you've heard this before and all designers feel the same. Why is it so hard to take a few extra seconds and leave a comment?. And not just today, and not just on this blog but for every freebie you download on ANY blog. For every freebie you download someone has spent time out of thier life creating it. Think of the hours and hours you are saving by not creating it yourself. If you blog hop for 2 hours you might have to add another 5 minutes total for thanks ... take a look at what you've received for your extra 5 minutes of time. I have been doing this blog for 2 years in April ... faithfully giving freebie after freebie, yet only have a handful of faithful thankers. You do not have to log in to comment in my Cbox or in the comment area below this post. Pay it forward ... because sometimes 'screw it' seems like not a bad idea. Sorry for the rant if you actually read this, but sometimes it just needs to come out.

5 comments:

Carol said...

Thanks so much for another great freebie! Love your work, and I don't blame you for feeling frustrated - I think anyone would under the circumstances. It's a shame, but it's good to know that a lot of people DO appreciate your work, and you seem to be busier than usual lately. What happened to slowing down? :0)

Stacy said...

Thanks so much for this!

Unknown said...

Hi! I didn't take your freebie, but I read all the way down to how you feel about the people who just grab and go. I just wanted to say that it's not always easy to leave a comment. I try to leave them, and often it's too difficult. OFTEN. You either have to be logged in somewhere (which means opening an account just for leaving comments) or blogs have captchas - yours has one just below this box. A captcha is HARD for me as an adult with dyslexia. It's not a word, it's hard for my eyes to make my brain understand that I'm "misspelling" something ON PURPOSE. I'm not saying you're wrong - I think people should say thank you, but if I try typing that captcha twice and it doesn't work - I give up. This happens A LOT. If comments were easier to leave, I know I would leave a lot more than I do! :)

Lois B said...

While I am not downloading today's freebie, I do want to thank you for the many freebies I have downloaded from your site.

Cindy Harley said...

I love your work. It is fascinating watching your blog and the inspiration. Thanks again for the freebies.