Saturday, February 14, 2009

•:*♥*:• Happy Valentines Day •:*♥*:•

Today is a relaxing day. My hubby gave me flowers, an adorable teddy bear and fudge~! Ahhhhhhhhh ... so sweet.

Yesterday I did the Great Backyard Bird Count and it was very interesting. I did it for an hour and I didn't go anywhere, I just observed my back yard. I only saw 3 different species of birds but it was a sunny (and cold) day and I was able to get some pretty neat pictures. During that hour I saw 2 Mourning Doves, 4 Black Capped Chickadees and 1 Downy Woodpecker. (You only report the largest amount of the one species you see together because you could be seeing the same birds over and over, so though I saw many Black Capped Chickadees I only reported 4 because I saw 4 at the same time.)


Mourning Dove


Black Capped Chickadee

It's almost like they were posing for the pictures ...lol. I think this is the closest pictures I've ever taken of these 2 kinds of birds. I didn't have any luck photographing the woodpecker.
Its sunny out today too but I haven't had any luck with pictures ... yet.
:-)

Here is todays freebie:

Download Valentine Frame #2

SORRY LINK HAS EXPIRED

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for your lovely valentine frame. ~Dee

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 14 Feb [LA 07:00pm, NY 10:00pm] - 15 Feb [UK 03:00am, OZ 02:00pm] ).

Simply Me, Tess said...

Hello there.. I got an award for you....
The Look How Cool Blog Award!!!

Love Always,
My Simple Thoughts N Creations
My PhotoBlog

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Valentines post on Feb. 15, 2009. Thanks again.