Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm participating ...

Well, this is a really strange thing but yesterday in my local paper there was an article about this lab in NY that does this yearly Bird Count across the United States and Canada. They actually do alot of interesting things.

"The Cornell Lab of Ornithology uses the best science and technology--and inspires the widest range of people and organizations--to solve critical problems facing wildlife."

I went to the website and it sounded kind of neat and decided to participate. They call it the Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC)



and it starts tomorrow and lasts for 4 days. You only have to give 15 minutes of your time (or longer if you want). It is to find out what species of birds are growing, which ones are shrinking and where they might be moving. If you take photo's of the birds that you see and send them in you can also win prizes. I thought what the heck, I love watching the birds anyways. You can do it right from your backyard or take the family to a park or conservation area etc. After the four days you just enter the information online at their website. If you are not sure of the names of birds you can type in your area/postal code and it will give you a list of birds in your area with names and pics.

I know, alot of people might think this is 'geeky' but I don't care. I think everyone has an 'inner' geek ... lol.

Ok, now on to the next part of the Wedding Wishes series;
For those of you wondering how long this series is going to go on, there are only 4 more parts ...I think ... lol.

Download Wedding Wishes 16

SORRY LINK HAS EXPIRED

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I don't think its geeky at all. I think its awesome that you are able to do it. Have fun, I know you'll do a great job in your observations.

Thanks so much for another beautiful part to the Wedding Wishes series. I'm sad that you only have 4 more to go. lol! I had the entire series and had to reformat my hard drive on my computer. No worries, I thought since everything was backed up on the external. No such luck. The external died when I plugged it in to put my things back on my computer. Thank goodness I have two externals so I didn't lose my priceless family photos but I did lose all my scrapkits and fonts. Now I have all the exact info saved on two externals for safe keeping. lol! That was a hard lesson. Anyway, thanks so much for always creating such beautiful things and sharing them with us. I look forward to collecting more beautiful things in the future. Hugs, Wendy

tascha said...

Thank you for sharing your creativity with us. You have great talent...

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Wedding, Birthday/Party Theme(s), Mardi Gras/Carnaval Theme post on Feb. 13, 2009. Thanks again.