Friday, June 4, 2010

Field of Firefles ...

A long post but I hope you take the time to read it.

What a show! The field behind our house puts on quite the show every June. And right on time the fireflies started the other night. But last night was spectacular! We sat in the gazebo and watched the field sparkle with fireflies. It's actually mesmerizing. I wish I could get a picture but I tried and it showed nothing - just dark. I even tried to video and that didn't work either ... lol. It's just one of those things where you have to be there.

I love where we live, our house and property but the main reason I love it is because of the land we don't own behind our house. We have such an amazing view and there is so much going on back there.



The field has different flowers all summer, tons of birds and butterflies, fireflies etc. Right now the daisies are starting to open down the way a bit and soon they will be opened right behind us.



The frogs start their croaking in May and it goes on night after night. Some people might hate that but we love it! Behind a line of trees there is a large pond and that attracts so many birds, frogs and other wild life. A few weeks back the conservation authority asked the neighbourhood to come out one day and help them plant more trees. It was great. They planted spruces and maples and many other kinds scattered throughout the feild that will start to attract different birds. Actually yesterday I saw a large bird on top of a dead tree and went and got the binoculars. It looked like a REALLY LARGE woodpecker and as it flew away I followed it with the binoculars and tried to memorize the markings and then immediately looked it up in my bird book. I'm almost positive is was a Pileated Woodpecker which apparently are very rare to see. I obviously didn't get a picture but the picture below will show you what I saw. It was amazing!!!



Besides that I hate the cold and snow, the other reason I'm not a winter person is because I really miss all this nature stuff I get to see all the other seasons. I guess that's why I appreciate it so much during spring, summer and fall. Even the different bugs that are around.





Oh.. and the baby tree swallows have been born in our bird house and mom and dad have been feeding them large bugs so I wouldn't be surprised to see the babies soon. (I'll definately get pics of those, of course they will probably look exactly like last years babies ... lol)

One week today is my daughters wedding~!!!!!!!!

~~ -:¦:-.•:*♥*:•.-:¦:-.•:*♥*:•.-:¦:-.•:*♥*:•.-:¦:-.•:*♥*:•.-:¦:- ~~

Today I put some word art into LLL Creations Dollar Mart;

Mom Word Art - 4 word art for only $1 - get them HERE.



And some detailed views below ...





and Dad Word Art - 4 word art for only $1 - get them HERE.



And some detailed views below ...





The 12x12 inch layout below shows the size of one of them ...



And don't forget with my June Promotion you can get this frame free:



Closer views of the frame here.

~~ -:¦:-.•:*♥*:•.-:¦:-.•:*♥*:•.-:¦:-.•:*♥*:•.-:¦:-.•:*♥*:•.-:¦:- ~~

And because it's the first week of June you know what that means ...
the June Frame is out.

Download June Frame
SORRY LINK HAS EXPIRED



If you are new to my blog ... well, I give away these frames the first week of every month. If you've missed any ... you can get them here. (Or if you don't want to wait for them get the Mega Pack there too!)

This frame fills a 12x12 inch layout. You can see the size on a 12x12 inch paper in THIS post.

Comments are really appreciated~! You can comment below this post or in my CBox on the right side of this blog~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 6 post on Jun. 05, 2010. Thanks again.

Hélène said...

Thank you so much for this magnificent frame. Well done !